Here’s a cool recipe that I saw online that I’ve tried several times. For those looking for a healthier option to eat your favorite foods, look no further. In this recipe I just used whatever protein I had around the house. This bread was smooth, moist, and just all around tasty. I’m not going to lie, I’ve made this like 3-4 times. It also has high fiber too, which is always a plus.
- 80g chocolate protein powder (I used Lean Body for Her Whey Isolate in Natural Chocolate)
- 1/2 cup spelt flour (or oat flour, wheat flour, all-purpose flour, gluten-free baking blend)
- 6 tbsp. Pyure organic stevia blend (or 3/4 cup baking stevia or granulated sugar)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa (I used Special Dark)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt (optional)
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded fine (~2 small zucchini)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce (or more pumpkin, or oil)
- 1/4 cup 100% pure pumpkin (or more applesauce, or oil)
- 1/3 cup (3 large) egg whites
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. (22g) mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Whisk together dry ingredients (through salt) in a large mixing bowl.
- Shred zucchini using the fine side of a grater (remove peel if you want less "earthy" flavor... I left mine on).
- Add shredded zucchini and remaining wet ingredients (through vanilla) to dry ingredients and mix until just combined and no clumps remain (over-mixing = tough bread).
- Stir in chocolate chips (optional).
- Lightly coat a regular-sized bread pan with cooking spray and pour batter in.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until a toothpick or knife inserted in the center comes out just slightly dirty.
- Let bread cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing into eight pieces. Enjoy warm!
- Store leftovers in the freezer and reheat in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Calories (per 1/8th loaf, including optionals): 98kcal, Fat: 2.2g, Sat fat: 0.9g, Carbs: 12g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 3g, Protein: 10g, Sodium: 174mg
- Calories (per 1/8th loaf, minus optionals): 85kcal, Fat: 1.3g, Sat fat: 0.5g, Carbs: 11g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 2g, Protein: 9g, Sodium: 101mg