With the rainy season upon us, we start seeing more patients in our clinic from car accidents. Chiropractors are very skilled at treating injuries from motor vehicle accidents, especially whiplash. The following are 8 reasons why it is important to get chiropractic care after your accident.
1. Reduce Inflammation: Increased pain and inflammation are common after an accident due to the micro-tears in the ligaments. Chiropractic adjustments not only realign the spine, but also release an anti-inflammatory substance that lowers pain and inflammation in your body.
2. Treat Injuries: Chiropractors treat a variety of injuries after motor vehicle accidents. These injuries include: whiplash, headaches, pain throughout the spine, dizziness, and extremity soreness. Sometimes, it can take many hours to a few days before the symptoms arise. That is why it is very important to see your chiropractor immediately to avoid long term pain.
3. Receive Non-Invasive Treatment: Chiropractic is very a gentle technique that decreases pain and promotes healing by re-aligning the spine.
4. Reduce Scar Tissue: After a car accident, scar tissue starts building up in the muscles. This results in stiffness and discomfort. A combination of chiropractic treatment and massage will help break up the scar tissue instead of letting it heal on its own. This will help you heal faster and feel better sooner.
5. No Medications: Pain killers can temporarily take the edge of the pain, but they do not fix the problem. Some medications can be highly addictive too. Chiropractors will get to the root cause of the injury, and not just mask the injuries with medication.
6. Restore Range of Motion: Range of motion is decreased after an accident. Chiropractic adjustments help mobilize the spine and restore the spine’s normal range of motion.
7. Decrease Pain: Chiropractic adjustments not only target the pain in the affected area, but also help decrease pain throughout the entire body. Chiropractic adjustments release a hormone that helps reduce pain.
8. Provide Long-Term Benefits: When you see a chiropractor immediately after a car accident, you help prevent minor issues from becoming serious long-term issues.
For further information on chiropractic care contact Northwest Wellness in Federal Way, WA 2539270660.