The spinal cord is the first part of the body formed in the womb, and nervous system is the central controller of it. The central nervous system consists of the brain and spinal cord. The nerves running out of the spinal cord go to every organ, muscle, cell, tissue, and glands in the body. In children, when there is interference the nerve flow, children could react with constipation, bed wetting, ear infections, colic, torticollis, fussiness, trouble sleeping, etc. Chiropractic adjustments are equally important for children.
Children encounter trauma early in life from birth trauma, breech births, c-section, forceps or vacuum suction, and all of the many falls while learning to walk. When a child has been through trauma, the spine becomes misaligned and subluxated. It needs to be corrected with chiropractic adjustments. Constipation, bed wetting, ear infection, trouble sleeping are some of the many symptoms from a spine being left misaligned. It can also cause trouble later in life from trouble focusing, moodiness, hyperactivity, digestion, allergies, asthma, and headaches. The following is a list of the top 5 reasons why kids should get adjusted regularly:
1. Sick: When your child has an earache or sinus infection, an adjustment can help drain the fluid from the ears.
2. Growing: Assist children to grow healthier without added pressure on bones and muscles.
3. Falls: Children play very hard with no fear. Regular adjustments help ensure nervous system is fully functioning with all of the many sports, falls and jumps.
4. Colic: The baby’s first nerve can become compromised from birth trauma lacking the ability to communicate, and causing a fussy baby.
5. Sleep: Regular adjustment help ease pain and tension in the child’s body to help them get better sleep at night.