One of the most beneficial activities in life is the process of self-reflection. We all participate in self-reflection, whether we know we do or not. Self-reflection helps us learn more about ourselves and grow. It is an activity that can help you understand your strengths, and recognize your weaknesses. Although this is often a subconscious activity, setting aside time specifically dedicated to self-reflection is important. Most CEO’s and great industry leaders will tell you that having a practice of active self-reflection is important for not only personal growth, but also for maintaining relationships, achieving professional goals, understanding financial decisions, and improving your overall quality of life.
I want to share one of my own personal self-reflection activities with you all. My wife and I do this at the beginning of each year and I have found it to be a very valuable practice. Although it is meant to be performed at the beginning of each year, it’s not too late to get started on it. You will be surprised at how effective self-reflection is in allowing you to recognize what you’re doing well and what things you need to work on.
Each year, at the beginning of the year, we go to a coffee shop with our annual reflection journals. We sit down together with a warm cup of coffee, and dedicate time to writing down our answers to these 25 questions. Although we are doing this together, it is an independent activity. Feel free to share and discuss, but be sure you are answering each question on your own. I encourage you to try this activity and let us know how it goes! Good luck! Here are the 25 questions:
25 Questions to Ask Yourself Before the End of the Year
1. What am I most proud of this year?
2. How can I become a better _____________?
3. Where am I feeling stuck?
4. Where do I need to allow myself grace?
5. Am I passionate about my career?
6. What lessons have I learned?
7. What did I my finances look like?
8. How did I spend my free time?
9. How well did I take care of my body, mind, and soul?
10. How have I been open-minded?
11. When did I feel most creatively inspired?
12. What projects have I completed?
13. How have I procrastinated?
14. In what ways can I re-structure my time?
15. How have I allowed fear of failure hold me back?
16. Where has self-doubt taken over?
17. When have I felt the most alive?
18. How have I taught others to respect me?
19. How can I improve my relationships?
20. Have I been unfair to anyone?
21. Who do I need to forgive?
22. Where is it time to let go?
23. What old habits would I like to release?
24. What new habits would I like to cultivate?
25. How can I be kind to myself?
Please let us know your thoughts on this activity and how it went!
For all of your health and wellness needs, come visit Northwest Wellness! We are currently accepting new physical therapy patients.
Northwest Wellness is located at:
37430 Pacific Hwy S.
Federal Way, WA 98003
These 25 questions were adopted from www.mindbodygreen.com