Why do we experience pain and inflammation?
- Are you currently experiencing joint and/or muscle pain? Was the pain brought on by continuous wear and tear on that joint, an acute injury, or an old injury that never fully recovered? When your body experiences an injury, the immune system sends out white blood cells to the site. These cells assist in our body's ability to heal in a variety of ways. They can ingest cellular debris, release enzymes to dissolve the destroyed tissue, and also send out chemical messengers such as prostaglandins, leukotrienes and cytokines. These chemical messengers aid in the repair of the tissue, but are also responsible for many of the negative side effects of inflammation. These negative side effects can include, pain, redness, swelling, fever, loss of appetite, and increased heart rate. When the pain persists for month on end, this chronic presentation of pain is due to these chemical messengers that contribute to stimulating the inflammatory process.
What are some natural ways to treat the pain that do not involve addictive pain medications?
- Herbs, nutrients, dietary changes, and lifestyle modifications are all effective ways of overriding the inflammatory cascade.
- At Northwest Wellness we offer an integrated medical approach, that focuses on implementing anti-inflammatory measures, in which we address common food allergens that act as chronic irritants to your immune system, therapeutic formulations that are safe and effective as they act on inflammatory pathways, and complimentary lifestyle approaches that stimulate the body's natural ability to heal itself.
What does the anti-inflammatory protocol involve?
- Lifestyle recommendations
- Breathing exercises
- Physical activity
- Dietary recommendations with meal plans
- Therapeutic formulations
- Safe, non-addictive, plant-based medicines that provide pain relief
- Joint support
- Natural topical anti-inflammatories
- Functional foods for nutritional support designed to reduce inflammatory conditions
- Herbs and proteolytic enzymes designed to decrease pain and inflammation.
- Professional grade, high-potency essential fatty acids that are free of harmful additives and heavy metals
As we address your pain complaints all patients receive a one on one personal education on how they can incorporate preventative strategies to help ensure their future health is a prosperous and fulfilling experience.
Make your appointment today to begin your first steps towards minimizing pain and inflammation in your life!