Tabata workouts are a quick high intensity, interval training workout. The workouts will have you out of breath and your heart racing in no time. These workouts are perfect for someone with a busy lifestyle and typically only take four minutes. With Tabata workouts, you are working at 100 percent of your maximal intensity in four minutes. The great thing about Tabata is you have the option to train in the gym or out, utilizing a variety different methods for training.
The workouts are extremely effective at burning fat since they are quicker at raising your metabolism and heart rate. Your body has to work harder to keep up since you are working at a higher level of intensity. Your metabolism stays higher and you will continue burning fat after the workout. Tabata training places your body directly into the fat burning zone and keeps burning hours after.
Unlike a long cardio session, with Tabata you won’t be eating away at the muscle tissue. The Tabata method places stress on the muscle tissue, which tells your body that more muscle tissue is needed. Your lean muscle mass goes up, more fat burned, and the muscle tissue increases.
One of the biggest benefits of Tabata workout is the amount of time it takes. All it takes for this kind of high intensity workout it only four minutes. All you need is your own body weight and some home equipment like bands and dumbbells.
Tabata workouts utilize both of the anaerobic and aerobic capacity which creates more energy and stamina.
Here are two different examples of Tabata Workouts:
Body Weight Tabata
· Push-ups: 20 seconds push-ups, 10 seconds rest x 8 times
· Body Squates; 20 seconds Squatting, 10 seconds rest x 8 times
· Planks: 20 seconds planking, 10 seconds rest x 8 times
· Pull-Ups: 20 seconds pull-ups, 10 seconds rest x 8 times
· Bicep Curls: 20 seconds curling, 10 seconds rest x 8 times
· Chest Press: 20 seconds Chest press, 10 seconds rest x 8 times
· Walking lunges with dumbbell: 20 seconds lunging, 10 seconds rest x 8 times
· Overhead Tricep Extention: 20 seconds overhead, 10 seconds rest x 8 times