May is one of my favorite months as it is National Bicycle Month! Most of you have heard me drone on about all the amazing benefits of cycling and this gives me a wonderful opportunity to remind all of you that cycling is one of the best activities for your health and wellbeing. Why cycling?
· Cycling is easy on the joints and promotes healthy hips and knees.
· Cycling improves both strength and cardiovascular fitness.
· Cycling is social, often done in groups and provide opportunity to meet new, cool people who wear goofy clothes.
· Cycling can also be solitary and provide you with time alone to destress and think
· Cycling improve balance and coordination
· Cycling keeps your mind sharp, not only through the positive effects of exercise but also the mental acuity required to ride outside and with other.
· Cycling gets you outside to enjoy the beautiful Pacific Northwest.
· Cycling is a great way to see other cities or countries close up.
May 10th is also National Bike to Work Day. If you haven’t given that a try, think about dusting off your old bike (‘cause everybody has one!) and give it a go.
Always be sure to wear a helmet, proper eye protection and clothing. Learn the appropriate bike signals for stopping, turning and passing to ensure your safety and the safety of others. Enjoy the ride!Read More