With the upcoming holiday season many of us will be traveling to visit our loved ones. Whether on a car, train or airplane, long hours of travel can wreak havoc on our spines creating pain in our joints and muscles. Here are a few tips to keep you more comfortable during your travels:
· Use a small pillow for a lumbar support to keep your lower back in alignment
· On long plane rides use the cervical neck pillows for additional support to the neck
· Get up and move at least every 2 hours. Stop at a rest stop or walk up and down the aisle of the airplane
· Stretch your neck, back and legs whenever possible
· Stay hydrated to keep your muscles and joints flexible.
· Avoid tight fitting shoes, socks or shoes
· Wear comfortable and expansive clothing
· Lift luggage using your legs, not your back. Ask for assistance to put a heavy bad in an overhead compartment.
For more information about pain relief, health and wellness call Northwest Wellness in Federal Way, WA at 2539270660.