It’s that time of year when we all like to make resolutions or set goals for the New Year. Here are some great ideas to improve your health in 2017
· Get more exercise: 30-60 minutes per day including aerobic activity, weight training and stretching.
· Eat more fruits and vegetables: 5-9 servings per days of these yummy foods.
· Eat healthy fats: foods high in Omega 3 fatty acids like olives, avocados, coconut, salmon and olive oil
· Eat whole grains and complex carbohydrates – 3 servings of things like brown rice, oatmeal and multigrain/seed breads.
· Learn to relax: practice deep breathing, yoga or meditation
· Stop smoking.
· Limit alcohol intake: 1 glass of wine for women or 2 for a man can improve your health, more can have negative consequences.
· Get adequate rest: minimum of 7-8 hours per night.
· Achieve/Maintain a healthy weight: a BMI (body mass index) less than 25 for both men and women.
· Choose Happiness: a positive attitude makes everything possible!
The providers and staff of Northwest Wellness in Federal Way, WA are here to support you in achieving your healthcare goals with chiropractic, massage, weight-loss, fitness classes, nutritional counseling, acupuncture and naturopathic primary care.
For more information call 2539270660